Eligibility and Credit
- Be in good academic standing with at least one year of university-level coursework; freshmen will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Receive approval from your home university, if required
- Provide proof of academic proficiency in English
- Attend a GO Minnesota partner university (check with the international office on your campus if you are unsure)
You may enroll in 3, 4, or 5 credits.
If you are interested in transferring the credit back to your home institution, you must speak with your university's international office about the correct process. We recommend you confirm this before submitting your application.
Upon completion of your program, you will receive an official University of Minnesota transcript that includes the classes, credits, and final grades you earned.
You must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting scores from one of the following tests:
|TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition||79|
|TOEFL ITP Plus for China||550|
- Take classes from home with other University of Minnesota students in Minnesota and around the world!
- Reduced cost
- Receive official UMN transcript
- Take part in virtual cultural events
- Improve English and online course skills
- Prepare for future study abroad
Use “Schedule Builder” to search for courses in your preferred area of study.
There are two types of online classes available:
- Online Classes: Instructors provide materials and assignments that students access online at any time or within a given time frame (such as one week), rather than instructors and students meeting together as a class on a regular schedule. Exams are also all online.
- Remote Instruction Classes: Students and instructors must be online at the same time, at scheduled days and times. 100% of instruction is online with no in-person meetings. Exams are also all online.
We strongly encourage students to choose “Online Classes,” to avoid challenges related to different time zones.
If you choose “Remote Instruction Classes,” we recommend using a time-zone converter to find out when the course meets in your local time zone.
- Application Deadline: November 15
- Course Registration: Begins December 4
- Course Dates: January 19–May 12, 2021
- 3 credits: $2,700
- 4 credits: $3,600
- 5 credits: $4,500
- Plus mandatory fees: $170
Please carefully read the instructions, and prepare the items needed before applying.
- Unofficial transcript from current school and English translation (If applicable)
- Unofficial English proficiency test score (If you are accepted, we may require an official copy of scores)
- Course Selection Form (Download and complete form before starting application)