Find Your Courses
During the application process, you will be asked to complete a Course Selection Form. GO Minnesota staff will work with you to choose your courses.
- Semester students choose 4-5 courses for a total of 13 to 16 credit hours.
- Summer students choose 3-4 courses for a total of 12 credit hours.
The button at the bottom of this page will take you to the University of Minnesota Schedule Builder page.
How to use Schedule Builder:
1. Select "Twin Cities" from the Campus drop-down box.
2. Select the Term you will be studying at the U of M, e.g. “Fall 2019” or "Summer 2020."
3. Click the “Subjects” link on the left-hand navigation pane, under Explore. (Alternatively, you can search by key words in the search box).
4. Click on the subject you are interested in, and a list of the courses offered during your chosen study term will appear.
5. GO Minnesota students are eligible to take 1000, 2000, 3000, or 4000-level courses. You can select the level from the box at the top of each page.
- All courses are offered on a space-available basis.
- GO Minnesota students are eligible to enroll in undergraduate courses (those listed as 0xxx-4xxx).
- Not all courses are offered every semester.
- Economics (ECON), Chemical Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering courses are not available to GO Minnesota students. All other disciplines, including Applied Economics (APEC), are open.
- Courses in Sports Management, Statistics, and those offered by the Carlson School of Management are very popular and in high demand.
- Course registration will be finalized after students arrive on campus.