The Perfect Mix of City Life and Natural Beauty
Minnesota - Our state's name comes from the Dakota Sioux Indian word for "sky-tinted water." Nature lovers can enjoy more than 10,000 lakes (11,842 to be exact!), hundreds of parks, and miles of hiking trails.
Our location in the "Twin Cities" of Minneapolis and St. Paul offers numerous world-class museums, thriving theatres, a great music scene, five professional sports teams, a bustling international airport, and over 20 lakes (plus miles of biking trails, shopping centers, and farmers markets).
Here are just a few things that make the Twin Cities an ideal place to embark on your American experience:
- Home to 3.3 million residents
- Ranked #1 Bicycling City by Bicycling Magazine, 2010
- Boasts the highest number of Fortune 500 companies per capita
- Has more theater seats per capita than any city in the U.S. other than New York
- Ranked #1 in Civic Engagement by the National Conference on Citizenship, 2009
- Ranked #1 Healthiest City in America by Forbes, 2014